Treasures of the Balkans - Classic Group, 2021
Treasures Of The Balkans – Classic Group, 2021
This is where the sway of the Mediterranean meets Central Europe and blends with the exotic East. From the Danube to Dracula’s castle, there is history at every turn.
- Bucharest: Join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for your Welcome Dinner served with wine.
- Sarajevo: Experience authentic Bosnian coffee and learn about the traditional ritual of coffee preparation.
- Veliko Tarnovo: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner of local specialties with wine and witness a folklore show.
- Dubrovnik: You will be offered a varied selection of charming restaurants to choose from for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Sarajevo: You are invited into a Sarajevan family home for a dinner and drinks. Savour the warm hospitality and authentic cuisine as you hear inspirational stories about their culture.
- Budapest: Dine in elegance and savour Hungarian delicacies accompanied with specially selected Hungarian wine during your Celebration Dinner at Gundel.
- Budapest: Dine in elegance and savour Hungarian delicacies accompanied with specially-selected Hungarian wine during your Celebration Dinner at Gundel.
- Dining Summary: 17 Breakfast (B), 10 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Sarajevo: Choose between meeting a survivor of the Bosnian War for a visit to Sarajevo’s astonishing Tunnel of Hope, or alternatively, take a nature walk to the spring of the Bosna River, a picturesque park just beyond the city.
Top Rated Highlights
- Enjoy the scenery through Prahova Valley, the Carpathian and Balkan Mountains, Lake Ohrid, Bosnian Mountains and the Dinaric Alps. Travel through the Province of Vojvodina and Puszta Region.: Enjoy the scenery through Prahova Valley, the Carpathian and Balkan Mountains, Lake Ohrid, Bosnian Mountains and the Dinaric Alps. Travel through the Province of Vojvodina and Puszta Region.
- Bucharest: Walk the cavernous halls of the vast Palace of Parliament, learn about the history and listen to amusing tales from your Local Expert.
- Sinaia: Led by a local historian, witness the opulent and sumptuous decor in Pele? Castle, the fairy-tale Royal summer residence, at the foot of the Bucegi Mountains.
- Bran Castle: Visit the imposing medieval castle guarding the old Transylvanian border and embrace its stories, myths and legends from Count Dracula to romantic Queen Marie.
- Brasov: Explore Town Hall Square with your Local Expert and see the Black Church.
- Veliko Tarnovo: Ascend Tsarevets, the King’s Hill, crowned by a ruined medieval citadel. Enjoy the views and imagine yourself back in the days of the Crusades when this was the capital of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom.
- Arbanassi: At the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Arbanassi, visit a traditional 17th century merchants’ house and enjoy the acoustics in the Church of the Holy Nativity.
- Sofia: Sightseeing with your Local Expert takes you to St. Sofia Church, across the square from the golden domed St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the archaeological complex, dominated by the church of St. George Rotonda.
- Skopje: Visit the capital of Macedonia with your Local Expert, explore Square Macedonia and see the Stone Bridge before walking through the Old Bazaar.
- Ohrid: Walk the cobbled, narrow streets of the Old Town.
- Tirana: Meet a local resident who will show you Skanderbeg Square and walk you through their home city as they explain what it’s like to live in the Albanian capital.
- Kotor: Visit the Stari Grad, also referred to as the Old Town, perfectly positioned on a beautiful bay.
- Dubrovnik: Explore the Pearl of the Adriatic with your Local Expert. Walk the stone-paved streets of the Old Town to see Onofrio’s Fountain, Rector’s Palace and the medieval city walls. Admire the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.
- Mostar: Learn the history and symbolic significance of Stari Most and explore the old town with your Local Expert.
- Belgrade: A Local Expert will show you St. Sava Church, Terazije Street, the national museum, national theatre, Republic Square and the Kalemegdan Fortress.
- Palic: Visit this town sitting on the Serbian-Hungarian border. See the water tower and the art nouveau buildings by the lake.
- Budapest: Visiting the Central Market Hall is a foodie’s dream. Accompanied by your Local Expert, wander three levels of stalls, brimming with mouth-watering salamis, spicy paprika, Hungarian wines and a whole lot of Pálinka.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the ai…
Welcome to Bucharest
From Bucharest to Bra?ov
Transylvania: Castles and Myths
Sofia at Your Pace
Ohrid and Tirana on the Move
Kotor and Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik, Paradise on Earth
Mostar and Sarajevo
Sarajevo, City of Culture
The Serbian Capital of Belgrade
The Best of Belgrade
Across to Budapest
Budapest, Queen of the Danube