Iran: Women's Expedition
Iran: Women’s Expedition
Discover culture and camaraderie in Iran through the lives of the women who live there on a female-only expedition. Spend 12 days exploring with a local female leader and a group of female travellers and partake in a range of experiences otherwise off limits to mixed gender groups. Step inside the hidden world of an Iranian beauty salon, wander through a women-only park, and travel by public transport in the women-only carriage of the metro, local buses and an overnight train. Experience rural nomadic life with Qashqai people, meet female entrepreneurs and hear secret recipes from those in the know. Learn from inspiring Iranian women – young and old, religious and secular, conservative and liberal.
- Tehran – Welcome Dinner
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Tehran -Treasury of National Jewels
- Tehran – Orientation walk
- Tehran – Scarf-tying at a fashion boutique
- Tehran – Home-cooked family dinner
- Yazd – Jameh Mosque of Yazd
- Yazd – Amir Chakmaq
- Yazd – Zoroastrian Lunch and Village Visit
- Yazd – Zoroastrian Fire Altar and Towers of Silence
- Yazd – Traditional sweet shop visit and tasting
- Abarkooh – Ice Houses
- Shiraz – Aramgah-e Shah-e Cheragh
- Aqda – Historical village visit
- Shiraz – Women’s only park
- Shiraz – Bakery visit
- Shiraz – Carpet Workshop
- Shiraz – Eram Garden
- Shiraz – Saadi and Hafez Tombs
- Shiraz – Vakil Bazaar
- Persepolis – Entrance and guided tour
- Shiraz – Women’s only Beauty Salon
- Shiraz – Cooking class
- Shiraz – Nasir al-Mulk Mosque
- Bishapur – Tang-e Chogan Valley
- Bishapur – Qashqai village visit
- Esfahan – Khaju & Si-o-seh Pol Bridges
- Esfahan – Vank Cathedral
- Esfahan – Imam Square
- Esfahan – Qeysarie Bazaar
- Esfahan – City Tour
- Kashan – Fin Gardens (entrance fee and guide)
- Kashan -Tabatabaei Historical House
- Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer
- See a different side of Iran as you travel with an all-women group and a local female leader, allowing you to forge connections with the women who call this country home.
- Enjoy a picnic in one of Iran’s women’s-only parks, one of the few places women can enjoy the sunshine without a hijab.
- Immerse yourself in rural nomadic life on a beautifully remote homestay with the Qashqai people. Enjoy a meal, sing songs, try on the local dress, and give bread-baking a go.
- Step inside the fascinating hidden world of an Iranian beauty salon. You’ll see that these are oases for many local women, providing a safe space for them to relax and (literally) let their hair down.
- Experience the wondrous remains of the ancient capital of Persepolis – the scale and grandeur will leave you in no doubt that this was once the centre of the known world.
- Take part in a hands-on cooking class where your local hosts will share age-old secret recipes and techniques before you feast on the fruits of your labour.